I was losing weight and hit the wall!

I was doing great. Lost alittle over twenty pounds. Then boom! The last few weeks I've staye the same. Well actually, I went down a pound, then up two, then down two, then upone, but no more weight loss. Is there anything I can do to get a jump start?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Change up your routine for a while. Your body has gotten used to your current routine. This was actually discussed in my taekwondo classes not too long ago. If all you do is push ups and sit ups, eventually your body will get used to those exercises. If one day you do push ups and sit ups, one day you do lunges and jumping jacks, another day you go for a run, then your body can't adapt to the routine and will kick start your weight loss again.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Good question. I'm trying to get into the lose weight frame of mind.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• try changing the calories a bit or change your work out- do something different

plateaus happen...I've had a few so far- just KEEP going
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• It's probably just a plateau. It's possible your have built up muscle mass (good thing) so don't panic. Just keep doing what you are doing. It took me over a year to finally lose 50 lbs. I had many plateaus but they passed.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Try cutting down your your daily calorie intake by 200 calories — provided this doesn't put you below 1,200 calories. Fewer than 1,200 calories a day may not be enough to keep you from feeling hungry all of the time, which increases your risk of overeating. Work out a little harder by going an extra 15 or 20 min. Try learning the resistance training That will help you build up more muscle mass cause that also will burn more calories.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:54 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• That happened to me about a month ago. I switched up my workout and started losing again. Good luck!!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2013