No life with husband since ps3

I bought him one 2 yrs ago for his b.d. He is 50.A very good husband,great provider all that good stuff but all he wants to do after work, weekends anytime even with company here or kids wanting to visit him is go play his game and can be on it for hours and its in our bedroom.I can barely get him out of the house and I'm a stay home wife and Mom and home all the time.He has two sons still at home he never hardley acknowleges anymore..What to do?hes a good husband never stays out or drinks just ps3 is his getaway or something.(pardon my bad grammar)but just wrote like I feel.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• break it lol that will get his attention
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have the same problem with my husband.
    our daughter will be crying to him for attention and he would ignore her. i
    just had enough. We designated times that he would play,mainly at night for 2-4 hours when I am at work and our little one is in bed. When we are home together we watch some shows together,2 shows, then he plays his game for a bit and teaches me about it. With both of us being open to eachothers choices, it somehow worked for now.
    monkeymom0703

Answer by monkeymom0703 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my husband is only 29 and into this stupid video game called call of duty 4 and plays it on xbox 360...i don't wanna say we're on the same boat but it's pretty much close. we're going to marriage counseling for other reasons but that sure is one of them! i suppose my advice is...go to counseling. it's not good for his children and it's not good for your relationship.
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 1:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It is so sad how addicting these things become. . .honestly. . .if it comes to it get rid of it. sound extreme but. . .if thats the way it's gotta be .. .do it.
    & counseling is a good idea too
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Ok I couldn't think of anything except break it too so I asked my hubby. He said PLAY with him and when you get really good and beat him he won't want to play anymore. :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 2:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• good idea jcr- i actually do enjoy watching my husband play his games- he's good at them... however once I expressed interest in watching him play he stopped wanting to play as much... odd huh?
    Now my six year old can almost beat him at his racing games...hehe
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 2:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I think it's time for your hammer to meet his PS3!!! LOL
    Anonymous

• Oh we also bought a pool table that coverts to ping pong and other games its a smaller table then the reg size. We got it for my kids bday party instead of renting a jumper. It cost $100 at Kmart. Its in our family room and we enjoy playing each other on the weekend.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 3:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• We just got the Ps3 last week, my dad sold it to us for $250 and he gave us 4 games, 2 controlers and a 32in TV. Awesome deal! My DH bought F.E.A.R 2 and he is hooked on the game. He still helps with chores, so I am not complaining too much. Yesterday he played the game from 11am-10pm, he only got up to go outside and smoke a cigarette and go pick up my prescription my Dr called in.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009