• In the Spotlight:

Single, 2 kids and never married?

I am currently 5 weeks pregnant and trying to decide what to do. My boyfriend is pretty much out of the picture he has been so cruel to me because he does not want me to have this baby. Now I am considering raising a 2nd child alone. BUT I can’t seem to get over the feeling of doom, that I will never get married with 2 kids. I don’t want to rob them of having a father even if it is a step-father. It seems that is what I am doing.

I am 25. My daughter is 6. 5 wks pregnant

Lovedolls916

Asked by Lovedolls916 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• i am 24 with 3 kids.. guess what?? IM SINgLE! If i can do it. you can too

Dont worry about a man.. worry about the kids and yourself
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I had a 4 year old when I met my husband, who has been a wonderful dad to my son...and the 2 more we had together. We'll be married 25 years in August.

I have several friends who had 2 or even more kids, and met wonderful guys later, that they married and have good lives with.

I probably don't need to tell you to start being pickier, don't settle for a guy who won't treat you right and won't be a great dad to your kids. Good luck mama. *hug*
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• You are still very young and while I am sure your emotions are all over the place because of the pregnancy, this is not the end of the world. The difference for you will be the fact that you have different things to consider when getting into a relationship with someone at this point, since it's not all about you. You need to consider your kids first and any potential partner will have to accept them. There are a lot of wonderful step parents that raise their step kids as their own. You are not doomed.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• My mom got married when with a 7 and 9 year old. I was single after I had dd but I'm married now. It can still happen, but finding a man shouldn't be your first priority. If anyone is robbing them of having a father it's their dads, not you.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 11:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I have 2 kids, and I'm single. Now, unlike you, I was married once, but whether you've never married or you divorced doesn't matter. And neither does having 2 kids, or 3 or 4 or more. What matters is finding the man who loves you for you, and therefore loves your children and accepts you with whatever is in your past.

Also, don't rush it. I've found, after getting divorced and then later getting out of a horrendously abusive live-in relationship (abuse toward me, not my kids), I actually enjoy being single. That's not to say I don't want to get married again someday, because I would like that. But if it never happens, I'm okay with that because I'm happy with myself and my life. And that's attracted more men to me. Become happy and comfortable with your life, as a single mother, and then the right man will come along when it's the right time.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:40 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• And guess what, chrstny88 is right. Don't even worry about the man, worry about your kids and yourself. You CAN do it!
    ohwrite

• I'm single and raising 2 kids on my own. It's definitely manageable. I wouldn't worry about what the future holds. Live for the now.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• While finding a man should be the last thing on your mind, I met and married a wonderful man (never married, no kids) after I had 3 kids, the oldest is special needs. If you find a man that loves you he will love your kids, no matter how many you have.

Answer by missanc at 12:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• being married is over rated anyways. Now you dont have to worry about anyone else but yourself and your kids
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Take care of yourself and your children.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 18, 2013