Can i take prenatal vitamins with levothyroxine/synthroid?

I'm almost 5 weeks pregnant and have hypothyroidism plus I'm rh negative :/ I worry so much. I have a healthy baby boy who is 3 years old.but wasn't diagnosed with hypo then.

I read to ask a dr before taking a multi vitamin with the medicine but I don't see a dr until Friday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• you can always call up there and ask.. you dont have to wait till the app.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Yes you can. I talk to people everyday who take levothryxine and are also on many vitamins. You will be fine.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Yes, I did. Take the Synthroid as soon as you wake up before you eat anything. Then take the prenatals right before bed. I did that with both pregnancies & the babies were perfect! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• BTW, you can call the Pharmacist & ask as well.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Yes you can and should take both but make sure to take them separated by hours so as not to affect the absorption of the levothyroxine. I was hypo and RH- through both my pregnancies and took prenatals the entire time.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Yes, I developed hypothyroidism after having my oldest & I took synthroid all through my pregnancy with my youngest.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• You most certainly can call the Dr.'s office before Friday and get ahold of his nurse.

I have on occassion taken vitamins but it was the ones the Dr. perscribed. I also have thyroid issues.

My rule is take absolutely nothing without a Dr.s consent.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Thank u all so much!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2013