Im going crazy with this crappy job i have.

i support myself and my 3 kids making 7.25 an hour and i dont get 40 hours a week. It sucks. i had a job paying 11.03 an hour but had to leave due to pregnancy.  ive applied to sooooo many jobs. Nothing has called me back. I would think one would at least call me. im starting to feel like giving up. This 7.25 pays my bills but its still not enough for 3 kids. i cant afford to do anything fun with them. i cant buy them anything they want. My two oldests dad doesnt pay child support and doesnt send down anything for them. He always told me to tell him what they need. When i do i still dont get it so i dont waste my time. he is court ordered to pay 311.00 a month. and thats only for one child. Hes almost 10,000 behing. My 3rd kids dad would buy all 3 kids what they wanted and needed but as of right now he cant. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2013 in Money & Work

• You need to get that child support order enforced. He should be supporting his children. Both dads should.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• It must feel really defeating to struggle so hard and not be able to get the things you want and need for your kids.

Are you applying online? It's okay to follow up your resume or application online with a phone call after a few days. My boyfriend's ex wife ran into the same trouble applying online, nobody called her back. She finally got a job when she initiated phone calls after sending her resums.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• one of them cant at the moment. and i understand that. He has done more for my oldest two then their bio dad has. he will be back soon and if he can find a job he will be more then willing to pay. As for the other dad, i have called childsupport more then once. He goes to court may 14th. Not like they will do anything. He has the stupidest excuses. Last time we went to court they said he didnt do what he said.. and let him walk out and continue to do nothing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• You keep going after them,ve en when it's pointless. My ex owes me $25K, and even though I know I'll never get it, I still go to court. The point, for me at this point anyway, is not to get the money, but to know that someday when my kids grow up and realize what he did (or rather, didn't do), I can look them in the eye and tell them I fought for them, that I tried to get him to do what he should. It's also to show them that a responsibility like this doesn't just disappear into the night, so that they will think twice about sex.

Be careful in being understanding of a father not paying his support. It might be fine in the short term, if you know that he's actively seeking work and truly going to start paying again soon. But some men will take advantage of your understanding and you end up screwing your kids out of what they are owed, and what they deserve. Remember your sympathy should be with your kids, not a grown man.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• *even when it's pointless. Sorry, keyboard acting up and my thumb is hurting.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Have you thought about applying for a local county job or a state or federal position. You can go to your local Civil Service commision (look in the phone book) & see what they have available. You'll get full benefits for you & your kids & the job is secure & the longer you work there the more you'll make. You also receive a retirement.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• My youngests dad isnt on childsupport. I told him as long as he was buying what the baby needed then i wouldnt. and he has done that. I have no problem with him. Babydaddy #1 is the problem. hes the one that doesnt pay. doesnt call. doesnt care any more. he said he got the kids a whole bunch of things for christmas. its march and my kids still didnt get anything. he refuses to send anything down. I told him if he can manage to put money aside for christmas he can put money aside for child support. He says its my fault he never sees then kids. which is a lie. i have offered and offered he always lied. He would say he has to work all weekend. or say hes getting them call the day before and say he cant get them bc hes working a double the day he was going to come get them. On my daughters school break i told him to come get them and he said it would come get them the day she went back to school.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• i told him if hes so busy working doubles where is the money, I didnt get any of his taxes. Either the state messed up. or he didnt bother to file. Since when was having a job a good excuse not to have your kids? I work. I have to pay someone to watch them. shouldnt he?

i have applied for county jobs.. Still nothing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• You need to get the CS enforced. I can't afford anything I don't want to afford either. Sometimes you it has to be enforced. Have you applied for aid? They will enforce the CS orders.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Aid as in what?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2013