Clip on earrings

My daughter and her best friend have birthday's 6 days apart. We did a combined party at our local skating rink. My daughter had a blast! The other girl had fun too. After the party there was a sleep over at the other girl's house. Her parents got a bunch of those glow stick jewelry things. One thing was clip on earrings.

Now my daughter wants earrings. I'm ok with that, her dad and I just don't feel like she's quite old enough to take care of them herself.....yet.

Dad made a deal with her that she could try clip ons (hurt like hell, I've worn them), and if she took care of those we'd think about her getting her ears pierced for real.

Where the hell do I find those nowadays? I was a kid in the 80's and early 90's and you could get them ANYWHERE. They tried Walmart on the way home from church yesterday and couldn't find any. Do any of y'all know where to find them?

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 1:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I think Claire's still has them. Try some of the cheaper jewelry stores in the Mall.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• OUCH! Those hurt! I'd look on-line for them if you can. I haven't seen them sold in stores in a good 15 years. Maybe Claires at the mall?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Do you have a claire's in your malls? I know they sell them or even stores called ICEE that's in the malls.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• JYNK! you two owe me a coke :P
    LostSoul88

• 3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Look into magnet earrings as well

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I agree with funlovin I got my DDs ears pierced at and she is now 5 and she takes great care of them.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Check out this new type of clip on earrings called a "hoop-on" They are SO comfortable and light on the ears at 6.5 grams or less. For the little ones, check out our FEATHERWEIGHT collection weighing in at 3 grams or less (approx. weight of a penny).

www.shoploho.com - This is the site! Pricing and styles are chic & affordable & definitely the perfect first step for your daughter to experience "pierced" ears, with ZERO pain.
    JessThompson23

Answer by JessThompson23 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• LOL The closest mall to us is an outlet mall. I usually only go there for certain things, I'll look and see if there's a Claire's or equivalent there. If not there, my husband works next door to a "regular" mall that I'm pretty sure has a Claire's
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Yeah, magnets would probably be more comfortable than clip ons.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2013