I'm about 3 weeks late and took 3 hpts last week all negative.

I have a 10 month old who breastfeeds, and I had the mirena but had it taken out around 5 months ago. Since I
have been having normal monthly periods. I have always had normal periods every 31 days on the spot. Except for when I got pregnant with my daughter. So, my last period was on 2/2/13 it is now 3/18/13 and nothing. I've had extreme mood swings, cravings, headaches.. Etc. I took 3 tests all came back negative and I'm going crazy. Has this happened to anyone else? Going to take one more tomorrow then go to Dr. just wondering if I am having false negatives and how long it can take to show positive! I'm so emotional, crying a lot and very moody. I feel bad for my hubby. :/

Noelle G.

Asked by Noelle G. at 3:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Yes... OMG, I haven't had a period in five months now.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• False negative are uncommon, but possible. You could just be late or maybe skipped a month. Going to the dr might be a good idea,as well as finding a reliable form of birth control if it end up you are not pregnant. Good luck.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Breastfeeding can stop your cycle too.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Lots of things can make your period late. If you keep getting a negative, going to the dr is a good idea.
    Yes, it has happened to me personally. I was a couple weeks late and thought I was pregnant (married, not on birth control). I went to the dr and found out my prolactin levels were through the roof. It could have been caused by something serious, but fortunately wasn't. I went on bc pills for a year to level out my hormones.

Answer by missanc at 3:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Stress, breast feeding, hormone imbalance. Could be a lot of reasons you missed a period. My DD diddn't have a period for like a year after she had her last chil, because she was breastfeeding.

Answer by louise2 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2013