Cooking

Do you make meals every night for your family?
I have 7 in my family and lately I can't think of anything to eat that doesn't cost a lot.
For example I'll make pork chops with shake n bake,rice,applesauce and a vegy medley,usually costs me 40-50 for one meal!
I don't know how to shop and I'm not creative,my head just goes foggy when it comes to meal planning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Sheesh, how many pork chops are you making?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Casseroles are your friend. Meat goes a lot furter if you can put it in stews, pot pies, etc.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I don't understand how it could cost that much. I'm wondering the same thing as SWasson.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 3:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Does your local stores do meat deal? Like one running in my area is selling meat packages 5 packages for $20. Each package contains about 2lbs worth of meat. I bought $100 worth and saved $70. Also One time I bought a large 25lb box of frozen ckn for $30 when it was on a good sale. I use that fro crockpot meals only though.
    Just keep looking for good deals especially on eats and stock up when you see it.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I cook breakfast and dinner everyday. But there are 4 of us and my 10 month old. I shop at sams for meat because you get more for less. :)
    Noelle G.

Answer by Noelle G. at 4:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• husband likes two chops,I have four teen boys so they like two a piece it can cost $20 just for the chops
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• pork chops aren't inexpensive, and shake and bake - you can google and make it more cheaply yourself. I agree with Ballad about casseroles, and use more beans and cheese and less meats. :)

Answer by Bmat at 4:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• That's too much meat; it's not good for them to eat like that; too much saturated fat, and too much salt (from the Shake & Bake.) You need to find recipes that use a little meat for flavoring a lot of something. Casseroles, soups, stews, etc.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I would do stews, spaghetti, Hamburger helper Rice and beans.  Meat loaf, A lot of chicken dinners.   Maybe do  pancake night once in a while. I do breakfast for dinner some ties.

Answer by louise2 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Goodness! That's expensive. Portion control. One chop each and triple the amount of veggies. Go meatless once or twice a week. Ditch the shake in bake and use flour. chicken and dumplings to far as does red beans and rice.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 4:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2013