Ear piercing a no-go

I asked earlier about where to find clip on earrings (linked here). I got my daughter from school, took her to Claire's and she decided not to get her ears pierced. There was an older girl (14-16) getting second holes pierced. Well, she flinched when the gun went off, and it scared MY daughter too. She decided she'd wait because she was too afraid it would hurt too much.

Ok. I can live with that. She got some cute clipons and one ear cuff. I don't know HOW she can wear the clip on's, but ok.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 5:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• My daughter decided about 3 different times she wanted it done and once we got there and were about ready for it- she'd chicken out. She finally got them when she was 11? I think
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Glad to know! I never understood why little kids would want earrings. Ouch!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• My mom always said I had to wait till I was twelve. She surprised me on my tenth birthday and let me get my ears pierced. I want my daughter to wait till the preteen years, at least. I don't want to care for the piercings before then. A babysitter wanted to take her to get her ears pierced one weekend, and I said hell no.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• My hubs took my daughter when she was 4- I was working that day. WTH? His response, "she wanted them." I am glad that her 1 yo brother hand't insisted on them too. Now at 25, my daughter rarely wears earrings.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• hey I have those earrings! I bought them for 70s night at a local club
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Girl I waited until my daughter was about 3 or 4. She got one ear pierced and started wailing all over the mall. She walked around with one ear done for several week. I used her other ear piercing and had two holes in one ear. A few weeks later, we went back and she got the other ear done.... of course we had another free piercing because of the other ear again... I used it again, now I had two holes in each ear.... When I had my second daughter, I wised up and got her ears pierced before she got to that age.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I had to wait until I was 16.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• My daugot hers done about a year ago, but when it was time to change earrings, she freaked out & wouldn't let me put new ones in, or even the old starters, so they closed up. We are going to wait til she's an employed teenager so she can pay to have them re-pierced & will be more vested in keeping them in! I do agree that those clip-ons pinch. I don't like them.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• my middle one is 8 and wants her ears done. she loves wearing clip on. because we have major allergies running in both sides of the family (his sister can't wear metal at all, my sister can't wear earrings or necklaces, my mom can't wear rings or bracelets, his one sister can't wear anything but 25 carot gold. another can olny wear silver. you get the idea) so there was no way we were going to do it a baby. my sister got her ears done and had to take her to the er four hours later to have them taken out.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I got my daughter's done at 4.5 month's she cried more that I took her bottle off her than getting the ears done, she's now 5 often she doesn't wear any if she does it's only studs or small hoops
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2013