Wtf- tax refund

Dh was unemployed for a couple of months and we got behind on child support. I knew they would take it from our tax refund. I understand. Not a problem. What I'm mad about is that they took almost $1000 more than what they said they would. Does anyone know why? Do I just have dh call the dhs office and ask where the money disappeard to?

Hollyhock.

Asked by Hollyhock. at 5:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2013 in Money & Work

• Yes, call DCS
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• They will whatever amount he is behind. That happened to us a few years ago.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 5:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Yes only they would understand why the money was deducted.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I know. They took the money we owed, but then took an extra $900- something. I don't mind paying money we owe, but the letter didn't say we owed that and dh has been paying since the end of December so I know it's not new debt.
    Hollyhock.

Comment by Hollyhock. (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I would contact them to see what happened.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Interest maybe? Does he have online access to see the payments?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Maybe but you'd think that would be in the letter. No I don't think he set anything up to let him look online.
    Hollyhock.

Comment by Hollyhock. (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• It's government.....it doesn't always make sense. I'm willing to bet somebody messed something up in the computer. The system says my ex owes me $500 and he actually isn't even ordered to pay me anything anymore due to changes in placement. I would for sure have your hubby call about it. In the meantime find everything you can to prove how much should have been taken out of your taxes.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2013