Quesadillas in school lunch

Would it still be good if I make it tonight instead of tomorrow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I would think a quesadilla would be cold and kind of gross in a lunch, even if you made it in the morning.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Depends what you're putting on it - if the meat is too wet or depending what veggies you use, the tortilla will get soggy
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I was thinking just cheese or maybe chicken too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Nah I like leftover quesadillas. Not very nutritious though.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I sometimes put leftover quesadillas in my kids' lunches. They like them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• We often make them the night before and put it in the fridge. Then into the lunchbox in the morning. No one has ever complained about it being gross.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Here's my dilemma with quesadillas in the lunch box. I can probably keep them warm-ish if I made them in the morning and wrapped them in foil, but how am I supposed to keep them warm if they're in the same lunch box with an ice pack to keep the other things like fruit and yogurt cold? Are quesadillas good cold?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Mine eat them cold. All of their lunches get packed with an ice pack. Cold sandwiches, cold pizza, cold quesadillas.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Mine have always eaten them for lunch.They are on a rotation to break things up.They love them
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 6:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• but how am I supposed to keep them warm if they're in the same lunch box with an ice pack to keep the other things like fruit and yogurt cold?

I always sent them cold, but you can do it this way - get a good metal thermos, not the cheap plastic ones that come in lunchboxes. Pour boiling water in it before you pack the lunch, let it sit 2-3 minutes, dump the water and dry it out - the thermos will stay heated through lunch time, and keep anything in it warm. Cut the quesadilla in shapes small enough to fit -strips for a regular thermos, small squares for the open top soup thermos.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2013