Ladies was hubby right on this?

My dh was giving me an earfull on how to use the oven.
I am making lasagna and baking a chocolate cake, I put the lasagna at the bottom rack and put the cake on top rack he told me that was wrong and that the heat is not even and the lasagna will burn blah blah blah I told him to go and fix it then so he did...I felt like a little teenager getting scolded but once he got quiet I got to thinking...hmm...he might be right...I just hate to be told what to do...lol

Ladies is he right on this?

Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2013 in Relationships

• Hate to say it, wanting to stick togther for womanhood and all, but most ovens are hotter at the bottom & would burn anything on bottom rack. Did he arrange it so both could be side by side on the center rack?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I don't know, but my husband would rather I burn the shit out of everything than try to correct me in the kitchen.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I've baked two things at once if they need the same temperature. Just stagger the pans so they aren't above each other and if you can, switch the pans halfway through baking so the top one goes to the bottom and vice versa.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I do this with frozen pizzas, lol. It really doesn't work that well. Let us know how it goes.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• When I have stuff in the oven on both racks, I stagger them so that they aren't directly above/below each other. This allows for better heat circulation. It's really going to depend on how your individual oven behaves when it comes to using both racks.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I'd be worried my lasagna would bubble over on my cake if it were reversed. I use a convection oven, so I've never had a heat distribution problem no matter what I stick in there!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• Yeah.... :)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• You can't stack in the oven, it won't heat the bottom of the upper item right
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• I have never cooked that way. Cake and lasagna cook at different temps and different times.  I cook one thing at a time.

Answer by louise2 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2013

• i have a gas stove so no matter what i put on the bottom it burns.. always use the top rack.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2013