Does a ovulation predictor predict that you will ovulate or what? I got a BFP on the ovulation test last night. I know i wont know if I did or not til i chart my cycles i was just wondering about the ovulation predictors since this week was my 1st time using them.

airbornewife04

Asked by airbornewife04 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• An ovulation predictor kit will tell you when your LH surge hits, which is what stimulates the follicle to release the egg, resulting in ovulation. So yes, it tells you that you will ovulate probably in the next 24-48 hours. You just have to be careful when reading the strips that you actually got a positive and not just a really close, because it's possible for the strip to get continually darker and not actually get positive before it starts fading again, and then it'll get dark and truly positive later in your cycle.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• well i looked at the instuctions and it said if the result like is equal to or darker than the control line then it is a positive which what my test is.
    airbornewife04

Answer by airbornewife04 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009