Bad feeling

So I was settling in bed and got this scared bad feeling. Related to my son going to school it came on suddenly, and it built I'm almost in tears at points. Last couple of times I had a bad feeling my sons school went on lockdown and the last time I knew something would happen but that no one was in harm's way. And it did, a fugitive had run into the park next to the school he was armed. Now this feeling I felt a slight twing about my sons safety so Idk...but I'm not in full panic...so Idk if I send him to school and he worst happens I couldn't live with myself but at the same time I might have worked myself up...right now I'm ok i feel he will come home alive and well but man I wish I had a crystal ball ot God beside me to confirm its going to be alright. Does anyone ever get bad feelings and how often do they come true

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 4:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Honestly... I would go with your gut. Like you said, you could never forgive yourself if something bad happened to him. And it could be that you will keep him home and nothing bad will happen that day and you will feel dumb. But you don't know what would have changed if he was at school.

I have learned to follow my instinct. Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:59 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I get those bad feelings an awful lot and they often happen
    Go with your gut
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 5:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• go with your gut. better tp be safe than have something bd happen.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:31 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• If you're that worked up, keep him home. If you're that worked up, it really doesn't even matter any more if something might happen - you'll spend the day stressed and worrying, and you might pass that stress on to him and then he'll spend the day worrying. Keep him home, try to relax, and hopefully everything will be fine.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:35 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I agree, if it's going to freak you out and then maybe get your son stressed as well, keep him home. But I feel the media feeds our worst fears with all the reports of horrible tragedies and near misses at schools.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I would have keep him home if I felt that bad always trust your gut. Did anything happen?
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2013