Can you help me decide?

What to do with these boring boneless, skinless chicken breasts?

I need something new to do with them. I found them on sale for 99 cents per pound and I went overboard.

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 10:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Do you have pinterest? You can find hundreds of things to do

Pulled Chicken
    Chicken Tacos
    Chicken pot pie
    BBQ Chicken
    Italian Ckn
    Bourbon Ckn
    Ckn Helpers
    yellow ckn and rice
    ckn spaghetti

Thats just to name those that jumped in my head right away
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I'm on Pinterest right now searching for ideas. Nothing sounds good. I think I'm worn out on chicken. Lol. I've never made chicken tacos before....that's a thought.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• This recipe is really good, although I would recommend stone ground mustard (which I believe is what they are suggesting in the recipe - I didn't have any on hand and made it with plain yellow). It was still really good though and I will make it again.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I'm planning on making chicken strips for dinner tonight using crushed pretzels. We love those.

Another fave of mine is balsamic chicken - 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, a crushed clove or 2 of garlic. Dredge each side of each breast through the mixture and pan fry in a little Pam. Super easy and tasty.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• My favorite thing to do with chicken breast is cutting them into small pieces and sauteing them with baby corn, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, hoisin and soy sauce.. it's good served over rice or just in lettuce as wraps. Mmm.. I'm so hungry now.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Wow. Those all sound fantastic! I'll add them to my list. I'm certain we have enough frozen chicken to last the year.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• chicken wraps, chicken parmesan, chicken salad, chicken and dumplings, or cook them and put mushrooms, jack cheese and cook a bit more and top them with a bit of dried onion YUM
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:22 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Changed my mind already. I'm going to be tossing some chicken breasts into the crockpot along with a bottle of BBQ sauce. When it's done, they'll be shredded and used in quesadillas along with cheddar cheese.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I used some last night for chicken fettuccine alfredo. I just cut them into bite sized pieces, browned them in some oil in a skillet with some pepper and adobo seasoning, then added them to the noodles and sauce. It was so good.

I've also made...I don't remember the name of the recipe when I found, I just call it Swiss Chicken. I put the breasts in the pan, add seasonings, put a slice of swiss cheese on top of each. Then I take stuffing mix in a bowl, add water until it's just moist, then spread it around the chicken (not over, if the breasts are really thick, or they won't cook through), put more swiss on stuffing, then mix sour cream and mushroom soup to spread over the top. I bake it for about an hour at 375, and it's out of this world good. Rich, but good. My whole family loves it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Chicken enchiladas. Crispy onion chicken--yeah, not the healthiest, but good--dip each breast in a beaten egg, then coat with those French-fried onion bits you get in a can to make green bean casserole, and bae.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2013