When you run your washing machine on cold....

Does it affect your hot water? Everytime I have a load of clothes washing I have no hot water in the house.

This jackass idiot plumber that lives next door told me it's the norm. So, do you have hot water when you are washing clothes in cold water only?

Btw, I have checked to make sure the water is cold.

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 11:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Home & Garden

• No. I wash all of our clothes in cold, and it doesn't affect our other water. The only loads I wash on hot or warm are towels and sheets.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I always wash in cold water and I have never had a problem with the hot water while a load is running. Sounds weird to me.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Yes I do. I wash nearly everything in cold, unless I'm bleaching whites.

What I hate is that in order for my heater to push out heat, I have to have hot water available.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• That's me, I only wash towels, undies and socks in hot water. Something has to be screwed up here.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I wash everything in cold but white or peed or puked on stuff. Never affects my hot water.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• it never messes with any of the other water. i can wash a load of clothes on cold and take a hot shower just fine.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:43 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I still have hot water, but I can't take a shower or bath because there won't be enough cold water to go with the hot, so the water would be too hot.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Have you opened your machine while it is washing on cold? If it's hot then the Plummer accidentally switched the valves & cold is now hot & vice versa. That happened to us when we moved in. It as to be corrected.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I had my hot and cold switched at my old house.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:49 AM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Sounds like the water heater isn't big enough to heat properly. We lived in one duplex like that.... as soon as one person took a shower, it was cold .
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:50 AM on Mar. 19, 2013