Putting yourself on the back burner...

i assume its a pretty common practice amongst moms. Esp those who still have little ones to care for.

i knew i had been letting myself go over the years but i guess i didnt really stop and put much thought into just how bad i let it get until recently.

im always running around with the kids and my wardrobe consists of loose clothing that leans towards comfort over anything else. i make sure that each kid has everything they need and i make sure my husband has what he needs that i kinda forgot about myself..

i went to the mall not long ago with my cousin and was actually embarassed by myself.
none of my clothes fit properly. every pair of jeans i own are from long before i had kids so all i wear are large baggy sweat pants and old over sized t shirts (most of which i got hand me downed, or my husband got from promotional stuff at work) and a few are so worn they have holes and stains! Even my bras, i wear nursing bras everywhere i go lol my eyebrows are bushy, my nails are unmanicured and i havent had a hair cut in over a year lol

ive come to terms with the fact my body will never fully recover to my pre-baby body lol the boobs will never be the perky firm boobs i once had and my stretch marks are here for life!! and im ok with that but i cant believe i let myself out of the house the way i have been. even my shoes are cheap worn out boots that allow my socks to get wet if it rains a lot!! hahaha

thankfully my husband doesnt care. he loves me for me . when i pointed out all this stuff to him he sent me out for the day to pamper myself and buy some clothes. its amazing how much better just a couple new outfits can make you feel! i feel more confident in myself and i think the good vibes are spreading. Ive found myself to be in a better mood ad receiving more complimentsrom famly and friends has helped boost my ego a little. Not to mention it helping Dh and i's sex life! lol

any of you let yourself go after having kids? if so try and take the time to take care of yourself every once in a while! I love being a mommy and wife but its nice to also be "me" again.

just a rant and reminder to you ladies to make sure your needs are being met as well! :)

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 12:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I hear ya! I'm in the same boat. I used to work full time & get dressed up everyday Hair done & makeup. Now I'm a wreck. I have actually lost weight since I worked but I desperately need a new wardrobe, shoes, haircut & some confidence again. :(

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

•  i am in the same boat. here i am on a rafting trip, i am the one in the front with the paddle

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Make room for me in that boat, too. I used to have a job where I was seen by the public but now I work from home. I'm embarrassed, sitting here in a threadbare flannel nightgown a blanket over my legs and ratty old moccasins on my feet, with my hair down. Sexy, right?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I'm back to regular haircuts and grooming, but I am still trying to recover from what happened to my wardrobe.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• It is true that mommies do tend to think of everyone else first and usually run out of time for ourselves. This is a good reminder. Thanks
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I need room too but I need a life saver. i don't know how to swim. I am having a pampering day this Thursday. I am so excited! I really need it. I am getting a massage, pedi and facial. I should find a place to style my hair pretty too.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I look like crap! I know I do. I don't ever leave the house and none of my clothes fit right. I rarely think about it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• The morale is - take time for yourself at every stage in life.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• LOL! We said the same thing! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

• Funny you should mention this. I was just curling my hair...I mean seconds ago thinking. Wow, I got a haircut and look like a new person. I hadn't had a haircut in about a year myself.

I used to do my nails, keep my hair cut, colored and styled, and dress in cute clothes...then I had three sons. All are grown. I went back to work full time a few months ago, and have slowly started putting myself back together...very slowly. It does feel good.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2013