Cold sores in your nose....(gross sorry)

I have had these cold sores in my nose for a few weeks now. The scabs keep coming off when I blow my nose so they just won't heal. I am really getting sick of them. I am thankful that they are not on my lips because those are horrible and these are at least hidden, but I am still not happy about them. How can I get rid of them? Has this happened to you? I am at the very least looking for a "yeah that's happened to me, is sucks." Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Health

• I"ve heard of people having it in their nose. I would go to the doctor though and have them swabbed. It probably is the herpes virus, but it could be other things. Not to freak you out, but MRSA shows up like that as well. It's just safer to find out what is really going on in there before trying to figure out the best way to treat it.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 2:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I would say if it has been a few weeks and they are not healing I would go to the doc for fear they might get infected. I wish I could help you more...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Cold sores are just the herpes virus...it normally clears on it's own within about 14 days...although if it keeps getting irritated it will prolong healing. Maybe the Abreva stuff on a Q tip might helps it heal a little better. Especially when you go to bed at night. Good luck...that's got to be painful.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2009