Egg Hunts

I miss the days when my LO's wanted to go on them....

Today, the parents are monsters! They'll knock your kid down over a plastic egg! Grr. (yes, that happened last year)

Will you take yours?

imamomzilla

Asked by imamomzilla at 12:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Probably not. We may do something little here at the house where DH and I can actually hide the eggs. The HOA organizes an egg hunt, but because you are just doing the event on a field, they are pretty much just throwing eggs out on the grass and there really is no 'hunt'. Our last neighborhood would have a hunt the same way but on a hill and the big kids would run over the little ones just to pick up eggs. There was a dozen limit but many times you would see the older kids walking off with a grocery bag filled with them. We stopped going because the greed of some kids and the fact that their parents saw nothing wrong with it started to piss me off.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I don't know if I have him or his dad does. If I do, I am not sure. If he really wants to do one, then we will. Maybe just get together with a group of friends though. I don't like the big community ones because of things like what you said and QM talked about.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• My daughter loves them, but I haven't heard of any going on this year.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• We do one in the backyard. But now I think I might take her to one this year. Just for the socialization.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• We will do something here on Thursday for Ostara maybe. Will be at the ILs for Easter, and they always do a hunt for the kids.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• We are having company for Easter so I have to do 5 dozen eggs (they will be plastic). For kids ranging in age from 4-13....I can't leave the oldest out, she would feel so hurt. We are also participating in one with our HS group. We have to bring a dozen eggs per kid (plastic of course and NONE with candy....they all have to have trinkets) and each child will be allowed to collect 12. I am really excited about this b/c it is a group of 10 kids so it shouldn't be to bad. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Our church does one this Sunday which we will take the kids to. We also have one for the family and the kids are set a limit. Once all of the kids get their limit then it's a free for all. There's over 100 that are hidden for anywhere from 3 - 15 kids depending on who can make it. Some are out in the open and the older kids know to leave those for the wee little ones and are actually pretty good about not running them over.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2013