Can a fever go along with sinus trouble?

I've been having sinus trouble for the past few days--stuffy nose, headache, miserable but not a big deal. I chalked it up to the incredibly strong winds we've had since Sunday. Nobody else in the house has gotten sick, so I've just taken my alfalfa tablets and used my neti pot. But this morning I woke up with a low-grade fever. Can a fever go along with sinus problems? I really don't want to make a doctor's appointment because money is tight right now, and half the time you see a doctor and get told there's nothing to do but go home and wait it out.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Health

• just a little tid-bit... if you need anti-biotics for something simple like a sinus/ear infection and cant afford the doctor, the local pet store has Amoxicillan and z-pak in their fish department in the EXACT same dosage and for a fraction of the cost of the same medication the pharmacist keeps behind their counter. And you DON'T need a prescription to obtain it.

I'm not a anti-biotic fanatic. I haven't taken them in YEARS! I treat everything homeopathically/naturally and don't break fevers - ear infections, bronchitis, bladder infections... I knock them all out without anti-biotics! BUT, in the case that I/dh/ds were to get sick and just not seem to be getting better, I have that bit of knowledge stashed in my memory bank. I hate paying a doctor for 5 minutes of his time to write a few words and tell me to rest... no shit sherlock!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• IDK, but maybe with a sinus infection if it's bad enough. You might have a cold or flu.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Sometimes I get low fevers if I'm having sinus troubles. As long as its low you should be good. If it gets high I would go make sure it's not something else though.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 1:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Low grade fevers simply mean your body is fighting infection. I get them with sinus trouble, especially seasonally.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I believe if there's an infection, yes.
    imamomzilla

Answer by imamomzilla at 5:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Yes, it is normal. I get sinus infections about 8 times a year and get low grade fevers with some of them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2013