Pregnant with hypothyroidism and rh negative...

I just found out I am pregnant! I was diagnosed with borderline hypothyroidism about 6 months ago and have been taking levothyroxine 75mcg. I am continuing to take my medicine until I see the dr...idk if they will up my dose or take me.off of it.

But my main concern is, is my pregnancy at risk considering I have hypothyroidism and I am the negative? I had a miscarriage my first pregnancy and had the rhogam shot after the miscarriage. Had a healthy perfect little boy my second pregnancy and he is now 3 years old! So its been since then.I have had the rhogam shot. I'm so worried and I can't see my dr for a few weeks!!

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Why can't you see your Dr. right away?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Well I go to health department Friday for a pregnancy test verification and then can see my dr which will probably be a week or 2 after that
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• When you go in for the pregnancy test let them know your concerns. Maybe they can get you in sooner to see a Dr. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Ask if they backpay medical up to 3 months, they do in my state. you could call and ask to go now. OR set up a free consult with any OB and ask those questions then follow the advice
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I was in the same position when I got pregnant with my second. The first trimester there likely will not be much change in your meds, but they did test my thyroid levels every month and about 6 months they upped my dose due to my levels. As for the negative that has nothing to do with the thyroid thing and if you got the shot and had no mixing of your blood (highly unlikely) during pregnancy/miscarriage/delivery then you are fine. You can be tested to see if you are sensitized to it if you are worried about it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Thank you so much. I know they them two have nothing to do.with each other bit both of them being problems worries me.so much.
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2013