Do you ever feel like you clean your home the best that you can only to look back and it sort of looks the same? :(

I want and need to keep my house tidy but for some reason I can not keep up or I'm doing the same things over & over bc that is the way it is...but my dh finds it odd bc I am SAHM and I guess he expects EVERYTHING spotless...if I could I would try very hard but with all these detours and all of a sudden pop ups it is hard to stay on track....ugh!
Even if I take little steps it doesn't seem good enough.

Venting....
Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Tell the bum he married YOU not Martha Stewart or Donna Reed! Don't kill yourself trying to live up to his unrealistic expectations. As long as your house doesn't look like an episode of Hoarders & the kids are clean & fed, then I say you've done your job for the day. End of story!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I feel that way all the damn time. But then I remember what it was like growing up with my mom, who kept a spotless house. She was psychotic. Jesus help you if you ever spilled something or made a mess, or even got fingerprints on the glass window while you were opening the door. You took your shoes off before you went past the kitchen, no matter who you were, or you vacuumed the whole carpet if you tracked in a single leaf. And when the carpeting wore out, it wasn't the main traffic areas. I kid you not, it was the spot in front of the closet where she kept the vacuum, she'd pulled the damn thing out so many time she wore the carpet down to the padding. I don't want to live like that, nor do I want to put my family through it, so I suck it up for the most part and let the clutter go.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Sickening- if SO was a stay at home dad the house would PROBABLY be spotless. BUT we would never be able to find anything and the kids would be parked in front of the TV all day.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• my DH knows that my first priority as a SAHM is the kids (oldest is only in school half days). he knows the kids are here most of the day and undo almost any cleaning i get done. he knows cause i complain about it a lot haha. shoot, DH is the one that causes the most clutter and tracks in the most dirt! its impossible to keep a house spotless and honestly, i stopped trying a long time ago. so long as the dishes dont sit in the sink for days, there are clean clothes to put on, and the bathroom is fairly clean im good.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• What is frustrating is when I do projects that take half my day and don't show. Those are usually the tedious organization projects, like cleaning closets. They need to be done, they take a lot of time, and the house doesn't look much different after all the time I spend on them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• The only way a clean house would stay in perfectly clean condition is if nobody in the house touched or used anything, or hell even entered it! Unless of course you clone yourself for every member of the family and literally followed everyone around cleaning up every little thing as they went.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• You need to get your DH to do your job for a week. See if he can keep the ouse spotless.
    Tell him this. I will sho you how much I do around here. Tomorow I will do nothing That will show you how much I do.

Answer by louise2 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2013