Should Social Services step in?

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/21636700/10-year-old-hospitalized-parents-want-answers

I mean for the bully. We're talking about a ten year old boy who put his classmate in the hospital. I'd like to believe this isn't normal behavior for 10 year old boys. I know the bully and his family and I'm hoping there is an investigation pending. Actually I'm considering calling myself as they are neighbors of mine.

sopranomommy

Asked by sopranomommy at 2:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I would say so. Call and make your thoughts known.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Surely there's an investigation pending already. It wouldn't hurt to call and add your two bits.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• i would be pressing charges against the school. Not calling 911 immediately is dangerous and the boy may have died. Stupid fucking schools.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Sure, as well as the school should be sued. I can't believe they didn't call 911 after finding him unconscious.  Not much information was said about the bully, just that the injury was from his bully.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Why didn't the school call 911, I would want the incident, and the school both investigated, who knows, maybe the stupid bully landed a "lucky" or "unlucky" punch, but the fact the kid was knocked out cold, had a seziure and no one thought to call an ambulance is really disturbing to me, a brain injury that is allowed more time to go on, can be deadly! I sure hope he is okay, and if I was you I would call them, and the news as to why help wasn't sought immediately. I am sure it took the parents at least 30 minutes to come and get him, and he could have died in that amount of time!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I kind of glossed over the part that you know the bully and his family? Are they awful people?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I agree. It's frightening for sure. My 9 year goes to the school which is the only reason I know who the bully in question is. There is far more to this story than this one incident. He's damaged property, thrown rocks, and stolen in the neighborhood. There are 3 adults and 6 children living in what I would estimate is a 1100 square foot house.

The school district's own statement confirmed the teacher did not follow proper procedure. She should be gone at least on suspension until things are sorted. The district treated the incident as a fight and suspended the boy for two days. He's now back in school. I'm not sure about the victim.
    sopranomommy

Comment by sopranomommy (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• yes, then call social service! As others have said it is likely there is an investigation going on, but it wouldn't hurt to get them up and moving on it.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• That is ridiculous! They should definitely have Social Services called because I think its a form of negligence. (If the parents are not doing anything to try to stop this very troubled child.)
    KimmyDaring

Answer by KimmyDaring at 3:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• What in the hell is wrong with that teacher and the school? They should be held responsible as well.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2013