Gray hair?

A couple of people have commented to me recently about how I'm starting to get a bit of gray hair. I'm only 41, so I didn't really expect it so soon. My boyfriend says he doesn't care one way or the other, especially since he's let his hair go gray anyway. I can't see mine, but I've started to wonder if it really changes how attractive someone is or how she's perceived. So what do you all think? Do you color your hair, or let it be?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I have had salt and peppr hair since I was 14. I am a silver colored hair now, more than anything.
    I do not color my hair as a rule. I have done it for pirate fest and a couple of times because of commnts made. But this is who I am and I like who I am.

Which brings meto a story. Yesterday DDIL was over having dinner. I do not remember the conversation everyonewas having as I was in and out of the kitchen, but I remember saying, well after all, I am 60. Icaught the look on her face (stunned) and said well how old do you think I am? She said late 40s maybe roflol.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Shit Ballad, I have had gray hair since my mid-twenties! I color it occasionally, a few times a year when I look in the mirror and am horrified to see myself looking like my mother. I should probably color it more often, but I'm too lazy. I'll be 34 next month. Boo to gray hair.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I got my first gray hair at 21, I have very dark hair, and now am almost 50% grey, I would say that I do think it makes you appear more youthful to color your hair, I have decided that when I am 60, a few more years, lol! I am going to let it all be silver grey!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I got my first grey hair in my early 20s and only a few have showed up recently. I do not plan to color my hair.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I saw my 1st at 21,and have colored since. i am now 40
    I think it's more your cut versus the color that people perceive as you looking older. If you keep your style up,it looks much better

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I let mine go for now. Our gray hair is our crown according to the Scriptures.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I am 63 going to be 64 this year and my roots come out dark still and a sprinkle of gray here and there, started out doing highlights with my dark base, to camouflage the gray but over the years all those highlights blended, and just recently got tired of the light hair and died it a light brown, and left my bangs a lighter color so it would be so harsh...dark hair in an old lady looks weird I think, but leaving it all white would not be an option for me because it isn't evenly white, and even if it were, it does make you look and feel older, at least it would for me.

Answer by older at 3:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I started getting silver-white hairs in college. I'm 41 and half-grey now. Since I'm naturally a light red, it really looks washed out going natural. I've been having it colored about once a month for about 5 years.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I don't get gray hair..... Mine are snow white!!! Argh!! My hair is really dark, so they stick out like a neon sign. And as soon as I pull one out I swear 5 others replace it overnight!! I'm 31, & want to put off dying it for as long as poss.... but not sure I'll be able to hold off much longer...
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 4:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I've had a shock of gray hair in the back of my head since I was a teenager. Then I started getting more in my twenties. I love coloring my hair, so the coloring itself isn't because of grays, but the frequent touch-ups are.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2013