Doing anything exciting for your kid's spring break?

DS got to go with my sister for a week. He is visiting my dad and stepmom. He was so excited to go with just his Nini. I miss the little booger like crazy, but he is having a blast.

Do you have plans with your kids?

kmath

Asked by kmath at 4:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• We're going to our favorite campground on the beach in Northern California. Just the 3 of us. Can't wait.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I wish I could but I have to work :( Their Spring Break is first week of April
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• They get spring break, I start classes. Whee
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I'm chaperoning my oldest son's field trip the day before spring break starts. We're going to borrow Snowball from his classroom for spring break. I have a few passes to the trampoline place, so we'll be going there. I'm not sure what else we will do. If it's cool enough, I would like to take the kids hiking up at Red Rock Canyon or maybe climb Lone Mountain again.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• my mom took us Easter shopping yesterday, so the kids got to pick out new church clothes. tomorrow the kids are getting much needed hair cuts. and im thinking of doing a tent/movie/special snacks day Friday since its supposed to rain all day.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• We're going to the aquarium one day to pet the sharks and rays. Nothing special planned for the rest of the week.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• No, no plans here. I think hubby and I are going to go away for part of the weekend though.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I have one whole day off (Good Friday) and then I am taking half days for the whole week of his Spring Break. For my day off we are going to Stone Mountain. For the half days we are doing hikes, science experiments, baking, and we are doing a scavenger hunt that a city near us is putting on. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• No huge plans. I have 3 kids with 2 different spring breaks, which makes doing anything pretty limited. DS1 has a robotics competition the last 3 days of his break, so my guess is he'll be pretty busy on his own.
    The younger 2 and I will probably just hang out, maybe go to a museum, hit the ranch for a day.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Still trying to think of some interesting things we can do.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2013