Should Trump Have Taken the Bet with Bill Maher this far?

Trump: Courts Will Settle $5 Million Bet With Maher

Real estate billionaire Donald Trump wants the courts to settle a $5 million bet between him and Bill Maher, the liberal comedian host of HBO’s “Real Time.”

The fight between the two began in January, when Maher said he’d pay the cash to charities of Trump’s choice if the Donald released a birth certificate proving he’s not the “spawn of his mother having sex with an orangutan.”

Trump did just that. But Maher wouldn’t pay up, saying it was all a joke. Trump promised legal action and filed a lawsuit last month. Now he’s ready for justice to run its course, he says.

“He made an offer, I accepted the offer,” Trump said on ABC’s The View Tuesday. “He didn’t say it was a joke [at the time]. We’re going to find out if it was a joke. The courts will tell.”

Trump says Maher certainly wasn’t acting like it was a joke. “He was very upset, he was angry, he was very flustered, he was all screwed up and nervous. We’re going to find out whether or not it was a joke,” Trump said

“I don’t think he’s much of a comedian. Look at his past, his past is so bad. He’s not a smart guy. . . . And my parents were so good-looking. My mother was a great beauty.”

( Newsmax)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Trump is a moron

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Trump is such an ass, who can't help making himself look like an even bigger ass every time his ass shows up to be an ass.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• You know, if someone said that about me, I would probably do what I could to make him pay up.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Sure. Probably wont win, but this is how Trump entertains himself.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Trump is an egotistical asswipe! And with all that money he has, you'd think he could afford a decent rug! Give me a break!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I'd hate to defend Trump because I hate the guy, but a bet is a bet. Bill Maher needs to pay up.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 5:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• the both are egotistical asshats who need a good smack across the face with a chair. but Trump, win or lose, just comes off as an idiot with nothing better to do then tie up the courts time. everything out of Maher's mouth is a joke and i hope Trump loses so maybe, just maybe, he will realize what a joke he is too.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• They both need to grow the f**k up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• They didn't have a bet, they had a joke.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 2:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2013