What are the odds of winning some big bucks in a casino?

Has anyone ever tried their luck?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Money & Work

• next to zero

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• i have paid for my trip off of my winnings :)
    several times.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Depends on how good you are and what games you play. That said, the term 'the house always wins' comes to mind.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Question: What's the bes way to guarantee leaving a casino with a small fortune?

Answer: Walk in with a large fortune.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I live in Las Vegas and play the slot machines from time to time. I have won up to $300, but over the course of several years and twenty bucks at a time, several months inbetween trying, I doubt I've broken even. My husband plays video blackjack a couple of times a year and has won some. Nothing major. We don't gamble often - you really can't if you live here - and consider it entertainment only.
    Anonymous

• WTF stupid phone? That anon was me. Sorry my phone hates cafemom.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Slim to none!

Answer by older at 6:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• If you know how to play poker, and I mean play poker you might have a chance, but unless you are willing to risk a bunch of money in high limit slots (I mean $10 slot machines) it is doubtful you would win anything, I have won money before, but also lost, it isn't a way to make money, but a lucky chance kind of thing!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 7:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Remember the odds favor the house.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• not very...
    I have been in casinos MANY times- we LOVE Vegas, but we only play with what we are willing to lose. Yeah- we leave with maybe 100 more than we came with here or there, but usually, we lose a little.
    Hubby did win 1,000 an hour before our wedding though- good thing too, because we only had enough to eat while we were there to begin with! We went home with about 300 and were able to actually have a little fun :)
    Went back (to Laughlin) the next year and lost every dime we played with.. guess .they wanted it back ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2013