Assault weapons ban officially dead

The senate has officially dropped the clause which would ban guns that looked scary but were no more dangerous than guns of the same caliber that aren't scary looking. Is this a sign that the hysteria and panic are nearly over?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• oh I hope so!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I have to make dinner so I don't have time to read though this, but I want to come back to it. Where does the part about limiting clips to 10 rounds stand? Does it die with this part of it?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• The hysteria may be over for now, till the next tragedy happens.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Does it die with this part of it?

Yep. What's left is federal trafficking laws, school security measures and expanded background checks.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Maybe now I can buy ammo and go shooting at a gun range again. Yay!
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Temporarily. Until a mass shooting in suburbia happens again. Until then the hysteria will most likely be local than national.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• About damn time. Then some nut job will just learn how to make IED and give the politicians something else to argue over..
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I hope it's all over. When are they going to realize that the nuts that are doing the shooting would either get guns illegally or find another way to kill. All it takes is getting on the internet and typing in either gun making or bomb making and you can find all manner of information for doing it yourself.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2013