EWWW... Really? PGA this wasn't your house right? adult content

Went to garage sales this past weekend with my DD and she just reminded me to post. So we went to one house that had some decent stuff until we saw a little boy walk up and ask his mom for this cool toy. His mom freaked and asked where he picked it up from and he pointed over to a box. Then she grabbed her son and left. Curious, we went and looked in the box. It was full of toys....adult toys. Some labeled new some "like new", but with the assurance they were properly cleaned. Is it really appropriate to sell used dildos and other such paraphernalia at a yard sale? I can't imagine who would actually BUY this stuff used. I don't think there's enough bleach or whatever you clean toys with in the world to make it sanitary enough for another person to use especially since you never know what they may or may not have. Anyone else seen this at a yard sale before?

2autisticsmom

Asked by 2autisticsmom at 8:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Just for Fun

• hahahahaha...i dunno why but this is just hilariously nasty!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I think I would have scammed for sanitizer. Seriously, that's not something I would expect to find at a yard sale. Now, if I were in a smart ass sarcastic mood I might ask the homeowner how it works just tok make everyone else as awkward as I would feel.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• LOL !! Not my house!

I will on occasion clean up demo items that have been discontinued, label them "AS IS, FOR NOVELTY USE ONLY" and sell them for $10 or $20 at parties. I mark them very clearly as "These have been HANDLED, handled is different than USED!"
    And I'd certainly never have them outside where kids could see them!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• There are no words to describe how grossed out I am over this. Even if it was new and still in the package, a yard sale is not the proper venue.
    I did see a box of condoms at a yard sale once. They were on a table in plain view of everyone and in direct sunlight. Wonder if one of the anon trolls on here bought them and that's why they may be pregnat (did i spell it right?)
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Also, brand new does not mean clean. Lots of toys are packed in a vaseline-ish type substance to keep them from dry-rotting on store shelves. AND your toy may have been selected for Quality control. That means someone took it out, put the batteries in it, turned it on, and put it back in the package. I get them all the time with the little green QC sticker inside the battery compartment.

Clean before you play, and after!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• throwing up

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Iiiiiiiiiiick!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• ITA QuinnMae. I cringe just thinking about it again. DD had to remind me. Eww eww ewww
    2autisticsmom

Comment by 2autisticsmom (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• For the love of the gods, NO! I don't even want to THINK about finding a "like-new" toy at a yard sale. I only want my toys to come in their original UNOPENED packaging!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2013