Have you ever gotten back with someone who broke up with you?

If so why?
And how many times have you broken up with the same person?
And is it really ones best interest to just forget about that person, essentially give up on that person and move on?
Although there are plenty of fish in the sea, I also believe in soul mates. But then, I also wonder if we can control who we love.
I know you cannot chose to love someone, or maybe you can, but not always.
But I would like to chose to NOT love someone.
What do you think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Relationships

• Yes, but it didn't last. There was a reason we broke up and it was still there. You can choose who you love, you make that decision every day.

Answer by missanc at 6:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• if the milk is sour on tuesday- it will still be sour on wednesday
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• No. Here's how I look at ex-relationships. If a relationship is going nowhere, there's no reason to stay in it. If there were problems or fights before, there will be again. I don't believe in soul mates.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Yes, but mine is a bit of a different situation. My then boyfriend and I "dated" in 8th grade. I broke up with him at the beginning of 9th grade because he was more interested in hanging out with his cousins. We dated in 12th grade, broke up at the end of our senior year. Got back together right after graduation and broke up about 3 months after graduation. We stayed split for a year but later reconnected as friends. Once we became friends, we really got to know each other and started dating again. We have now been married for almost 11 years. Our reasons for breaking up was both of us being young, immature, and not knowing what we want or who we were at the time.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• If so why?

Yes. I got back together with them because I thought it was the right thing to do.

Three or four times.

And is it really ones best interest to just forget about that person, essentially give up on that person and move on? Although there are plenty of fish in the sea, I also believe in soul mates. But then, I also wonder if we can control who we love. I know you cannot chose to love someone, or maybe you can, but not always .

We can't control who we love, but there's only so much pain we can take as well. But I would like to chose to NOT love someone.

What do you think. 

Love is complicated.

uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 9:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Yes. And I have now been married to him for more than 48 years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I broke up with a guy and he pleaded for weeks for me to take him back. We went on 1 or 2 dates, I made the break permanent.

I met DH 6 months (ish) later. We're together for 20 years now.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Yup i have with a guy i was going to marry. Now he is a douche bag and i am pregnant with his baby and could care less about me and his unborn child. Why did i go back?? Well because at the time i loved him a lot but now everytime i see him he makes me wanna throw up and it isn't just because i am pregnant. I learned from that relationship and now i know what to NOT deal with and not to be that stupid when another man treats me that bad as much as he did. LIVE AND LEARN!
    midnightstar21

Answer by midnightstar21 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• So is 24 and 27 young?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Yes. We broke up and then he came back, were together a while and then broke up again and again he came back. Then I finally broke it off and moved on. Why did I take I'm back? I don't know, boredom mostly I think. He didn't cheat on me, we just kind of drifted apart all three times we were together. There was a point in our relationship where I thought we might get married some day. I had this silly idea that we would get married by the time we were 23, have kids starting at 25 or 26. Then along the way I realized how much I didn't share his vision of the future. Then I grew up a little. I usually got the pleasure of paying when we would go out. He was selfish with his time. He was immature. We broke up and when he came back I took him back because he was better than nothing.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2013