Early signs of labor?

Probably a week ago or more I was having alot of yellowish color mucous particularly in the morning but with no blood if that was my mucous plug? And since then have had irregular contractions but the last 3 days they have gotten stronger and more timetable at night but then not really go away but ease up, clear fluid (alot of it) soaking my underware a few times, back contractions that almost made me cry, loose bowel movements, insomnia like crazy, are these signs real labor is close? I didn't have any of these things until the last week or so and have never been in labor before so any insight would be so great! Oh and baby has dropped alot and slowed down on her movements...

Tera H.

Asked by Tera H. at 10:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You should call another ob office and see what they say, if your still worried a quick trip to the hospital, they'll run tests and see whats going on, if it is serious your dr will come to see you there if not, the hospital will just send you home then you can tell your ob dr whats been going on at your appt thurs. I've done this a few times with my 1st and thats really all they ever did. They checked to make sure I wasn't in labor and whatnot and sent me on my way if I wasn't.
    mandi_m

Answer by mandi_m at 10:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• If you are leaking a lot of clear fluid please go to the hospital. Baby needs that amniotic fluid to live.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I called the hospital and my drs office and told them about it, both places brusehed it off and said to try to stay off my feet and told me if it was amniotic fluid leaking it wouldn't stop at all. Because I have had more like gushes then nothing.
    Tera H.

Comment by Tera H. (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• All I know is clear fluid thats not urine you need to get to a dr. It might be the amniotic fluid and like staciandababy said, the baby needs it to survive.
    mandi_m

Answer by mandi_m at 10:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Go. Now.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Go to the ER if your dr office is not helping.
    mandi_m

Answer by mandi_m at 10:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• I have a drs appt thursday would it be bad to just wait til then since it hasn't happened since this morning shortly after getting up. I'm scared now.
    Tera H.

Comment by Tera H. (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• If your amniotic sac is ruptured you risk infection. Decreased fetal movement could be fatal. Go to the hospital. Report back here afterward and let us know you are okay.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2013

• Better safe than sorry. I hope you're at the hospital now. If it's nothing, it's nothing, but why take a chance?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Ok went to the hospital and thankfully my water was not leaking! I am having noteable contractions so they said fluid and rest. But I am so relieved I finally went! I would have posted last night but it was like 2 am before I got home. And I actually slept a little easier last night! Thank you all for the advice and true better to be safe than sorry!
    Tera H.

Comment by Tera H. (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2013