How would you handle this

I'm my daughters primary babysitter. we looked on sittercity and care .com for a backup babysitter . we found one then the night before i was suppose to leave on a trip she cancels out . she said her husband had to get a tire for his motorcycle. its a two day project.
where should we go now to find a babysitter for the backup babysitter. i really bummed so is my daughter. i really need a break as my daughter and grandsons live with me and was so looking forward to this trip.
was going up with two friends to see our favorite rock star and have a ladies vacation.
oh well. btw when did i have these kids.

carolina54

Asked by carolina54 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• I don't think you are an enabler, but a concerned mother who has not stopped parenting because your kids are adults, this is a job that continues on and on and on....at least this is how I feel, and I know many others who feel the same.....I do think your daughter should have helped more in making this trip a reality specially knowing how much you needed and wanted it....

Answer by older at 8:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I wouldn't cancel my trip, these are your daughters children not yours, it's her place to watch them or find someone to watch them .
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2013