How would you handle this

I'm my daughters primary babysitter. we looked on sittercity and care .com for a backup babysitter . we found one then the night before i was suppose to leave on a trip she cancels out . she said her husband had to get a tire for his motorcycle. its a two day project.
where should we go now to find a babysitter for the backup babysitter. i really bummed so is my daughter. i really need a break as my daughter and grandsons live with me and was so looking forward to this trip.
was going up with two friends to see our favorite rock star and have a ladies vacation.
oh well. btw when did i have these kids.

carolina54

Asked by carolina54 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• I wouldn't cancel my trip, these are your daughters children not yours, it's her place to watch them or find someone to watch them .
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• I don't think you are an enabler, but a concerned mother who has not stopped parenting because your kids are adults, this is a job that continues on and on and on....at least this is how I feel, and I know many others who feel the same.....I do think your daughter should have helped more in making this trip a reality specially knowing how much you needed and wanted it....

Answer by older at 8:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2013

• Seekingsitters is a good service. Not too difficult for your DD to make arrangements for her own kids. Have fun on your trip.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:24 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• As I said before just GO! She is an adult and she needs to figure this out herself.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Did your mom babysit your kids and cancel her plans to help you out? I'm trying to understand why you feel so obligated to do this for your daughter.

I rely on my parents to watch my kids when I need a sitter, but I also am fully aware that they have the right to say no. And I know that if they say no, it's not their job to figure out another solution - it's mine. These are her kids, she needs to take the responsibility of figuring out what to do while you are gone on your trip. You gave her plenty of notice (I assume you didn't spring it on her the day before you were leaving, from the way you talk), so this is on her. You need to go on your trip, and whatever happens, happens. It's her problem, not yours.

It's great you want to help her, but at this point, you're not helping anymore. You're helping her to not have to take responsibility for her own kids. That's not helping, Mom. That's hurting.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:26 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I would have went on my trip, your Daughter needs to figure it out
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• im a bit confused, Im thinking your saying you are your grandson's main babysitter? is that right? If so it should be your daughters responsibility to get herself another babysitter, not yours, and you should still go on your trip, she will figure it out, she would have to if you werent there
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Aw, I'm sorry. I was hoping you'd get to go on that trip when you posted about it before. Even so, I'd tell your daughter to keep looking for a backup sitter because you can't put your life on hold indefinitely for her children.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• after reading your other questions- time for her to grow up a bit. tell her to take time off and care for her own kids. you deserve a break. you have gone above and beyond...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Dear Lord, you have asked this same question over and over and over.......

How many times and ways do you need to be told, YOU'RE THE PARENT! They will figure it out!
    Can we say "ENABLER "
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2013