How old was your dd when she asked for a bra? what about asking to shave?

I feel like this is way young and I don't know why she is already asking. My dd will be 8 at the end of next month for the last few months she has asked for a bra (she hoever doesn't even need one yet) just 2 days ago she has been on to something new she asked to shave her legs which she has hair but it is so light you can't really tell unless in the sun light. I told her she was to young to shave her legs she was like no you can shave them for me. I asked her why she wanted her legs shaved she said cause she didn't have an answer. What would you say being this age (if they didn't need it) for the bra and shaving thing?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 2:15 AM on Mar. 20, 2013 in General Parenting

• Most girls like trying to wear bras think of it like high heels it's fun and mommy does it. Buy her a training bra most likely she won't wear it more than a week or two. The shaving thing set a timeline for your dd to try it. Maybe this summer or next. My dd wanted to shave in 3rd grade. I made her wait till that summer. She actually hated it and I heard no more of it till the summer before middle school. I personally take the approach of if you keep it hidden or hold them back from to much they will not come to u to try bigger things. So far it's worked and when my dd turned 16 we decided she could start birth control she said she wasn't ready for sex but she was curious and she didn't want to have any baby's b/c she made one mistake. So just keep in mind little decision turn into big ones later in life...
    PlineyJane

Answer by PlineyJane at 2:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• 9
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• My dd asked for a bra in 3rd grade. She didn't need one but some of her friends were starting to wear them so we went and got some training bras (Justice has some cute ones). She started shaving her legs the summer after 5th grade. I got her a wet/dry electric razor.

Answer by missanc at 6:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I started wearing a bra in 4th or 5th grade. I didn't need one, but my best friend did and she had one so I wanted one too.
    Shaving.. well I had to beg and cry for my mom to let me in middle school. That's when we started changing for gym and the uniform was shorts. I have very dark hair! One of the more popular girls asked me why I didn't shave and I came home and cried to my mom about it lol
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:24 AM on Mar. 20, 2013