If you didn't find out the sex of your unborn child...

What was it like? I want to know how the suspense was while you were pregnant, did you decorate nuetral or wait until the baby was born? What was the exact moment that they announced the sex like in the hospital??

I really wanted to wait but I'm so impatient that I couldn't do it. I think if I ever were to get pregnant again I would really really try to wait until the baby was born. But I don't think I'm going to have anymore.

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I didn't find out with my DD, it was the greatest thing EVER. I did find out with my 2nd, DS, big mistake. It was so much more fun with DD for all involved...it lasted the entire pregnancy and everyone was so much more excited to finally find out. At 20 weeks I found out with DS and that was that. Fun over. Also, if you are wishing for one sex or the other I think NOT finding out is a better option. People say you should prepare so you are not disappointed, but I disagree, once you make it to 9 (10) months you are madly in love with whomever is in there.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i found out with my last two with my first i waited but we moved around soo much cuz my ex was such an ass that she never really had her own room til i left him and settled down on our own
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i didnt wait i wanted to know lol
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I didn't know with my dd and was very happy that I didn't find it. To me, it is one of the true surprises left in life. I decorated the room neutral and later on bought some girly things. It wasn't hard for me to wait, it gave me something to look forward to. I found out it was a girl when they put her on my chest and I took a peek.
    I can see why a lot of people find out what they are having because it is much more fun, easier to decorat and buy clothes.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i waited only because my DD wouldnt tell me lol (legs crossed, cord inbetween the legs) the suspense killed me but i worked at a hospital at the time and i liked everyone guessing it was nice getting all the attention for something other than being a fat cow (i gained 60 lbs) lol when the doctor announced i had a girl it was like oh god i thought i was having a boy luckily i had bought mostly all netruals that changed fast though my whoile world was suddenly pink
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 12:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I always found out--- I thought about waiting for the surprise, but honestly it was a surprise at 20 weeks just as much as at 40... plus it made it easier for my family who wanted to buy things for the baby. My mom vetoed me waiting really fast..haha...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 12:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Although I had multiple ultrasounds, he was always 'mooning' the camera, so we couldn't find out the sex that way, but it didn't matter because I just *knew* I was having a boy. I even went so far as to only pick out boy names w/DH and we did the baby's room in a primary colors theme (Paddington Bear), which could have been okay for a girl, but was really more appropriate for a boy. I went into labor a month early & ended up having an emergency c-section due to complications. We knew the sex of our son within minutes of the surgery starting, so we didn't have to wait long to know if I was right.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i wanted to know the sex with both of mine and we tried to find out both times but no luck!
    with my daughter, she kept moving around and the technician couldn't be sure if she was a girl or not and with my son, the cord was between his legs and they couldn't tell at all!
    i enjoyed having the surprise and i think next time we won't even try to find out.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• We like to know the sex .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• We didn't find out the sex with my first pregnancy, and we aren't finding out with this pregnancy either. There really are no real surprises left in life, so we love having that one surprise. We were never tempted to find out....had no desire to find out before the birth. We believe in keeping things gender neutral anyway, so we decorated the room and already had a lot of clothes. If I'm going to go through labor, I want a fun surprise at the end!!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 1:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2009