Diarrhea in a 3 month old?

Diarrhea in a 3 month old?
My mom decided to let my son try baby food while watching him yesterday, Now he has diarrhea and sleeping a little more but no fever I've just put a call into the physcian and he says that Gabriel just has to pass the food from his system and not to worry. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm a little concerned please don't tell me how bad it is too feed Gabe baby food I was not there when she did this

gabe11-14

Asked by gabe11-14 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree with Wendy.. about 4oz of pedialyte (if he wants less that's ok but prob not more than that) will keep him from getting dehydrated. His little belly probably just isn't used to it. I wouldn't worry about it unless he develops a fever, rash, or is throwing up. When you DO start baby food.. I'd suggest cereal and not fruit or veggies first, just since he's already had a kind of reaction. Rice cereal is the least likely to cause adverse side effects when feeding. Make sure your mom knows what happened and be very strict in telling her not to do it again until YOU feel he's ready!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• get some pedialite water so he don't get dehydrated
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• 3 month old is a little too young to be having baby food. i'm sorry you weren't there when she did this. get some pedialyte and i know i just said don't give your baby baby food at 3 months but since he is already having diarrhea...bananas works wonders on them. my mom gave my son bananas for the very first time when he was 4 months old and it binded him up for 2 days...that whenever he pooped he cried. i told myself i'm never giving him bananas unless he is having diarrhea and trust me bananas works for diarrhea. goodluck and hope this works!
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 1:02 PM on Feb. 16, 2009