Am I weird?

My son asked for me to bring our crockpot to the hotel so I can make his favorite meal ( chicken fajitas).

Have you evertaken a crock pot to a hotel with you?

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 9:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Travel

• I've never done that, but why not? We used to pack cold stuff in a cooler and eat sandwiches most of our vacation. I think it's kind of clever actually.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:11 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• great idea!

...however, you are still weird, just not in this situation. ;)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Weird or not, it's an excellent idea. You'll save money on going out and not get stuck with some frozen dinner from the microwave.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I never brought it but it's a good idea. Save money on going out.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I haven't, but if I used mine a whole bunch I'd probably consider it.

When I travel to my uncle's on our annual road trip I will bring flour and yeast measured out and a measuring glass so I can make challah on Friday because he has nothing with which to measure. Last year it was quite the experiment. DD and I were using cups and an old tomato sauce jars to measure and mixed things in pots. Who doesn't have a bowl or 2?!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Nope. That's one of the perks of going away, is not having to cook. Besides, my kids don't like me to cook. LOL.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:55 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I've never done that,but when I worked at a hotel,many people brought their own appliances

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Never done that, but it's a fantastic idea!
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 9:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• We have. I think it would be cool if you went to Disney. Put the food in before you leave for the day and come back to a hot meal without any work, rest for a couple of hours and head back to the park.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:10 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I never have, but I'd be willing. As it is, I'm considering taking the crockpot with an adapter so I can plug it into the cigarette lighter in the car when we go camping this summer.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2013