Jealous GF's/wives

I was talking to my BFF and we got on the subject of her dad's wife
My friend and i have been friends since we were 16. We're 40 now
Her dad has his own body shop,and we used to stop in there a couple of times a week to shoot the shit with him and his buddies when we were in our teens.
His wife,who was his GF at the time,used to call and ask who was there,and if he said my daughter and her friends,she'd come running over right away
We never made the connection. We thought she just wanted to monopolize his time,but in actuality,she thought I and my other friends were there to flirt with him! EWWW!
A few months back,I ran into him at the grocery store,and we started talking about his daughter. It was hilarious. His wife was down the aisle,and her head snapped around in an instant when she saw us talking,and she FLEW up to us,and gave me the stink eye,lol.
Yeah,i'm flirting with your husband with my own husband standing right at my side. *eye roll*
Know anyone who is uber jealous with their spouse?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• I have a friend who's like that around her husband. It's gotten so annoying that we've just stopped inviting them out with us.

And wtf, Anon?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I don't think stink eye is part of the feminine bonding experience, anon. She obviously feels her territory is threatened. Insecurities are funny that way.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Maybe he's given her reason to be suspicious of his behavior. I'm not a jealous person, I don't give a second thought who my DH is talking to, but his never given me a reason to not trust him.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Yes. My new SIL. She pretty much tells BIL when to jump, how high, and when to come down. She does not let him spend time with his family without her. She dictates when he comes and leaves to family get togethers. I don't live around them, so I don't really care. I just see a huge change in his behavior. I would expect someone to change a little when they meet someone new but he did like a 180. Just seems very out of character. She is always at his side and has to be part of the conversation. It's weird.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:00 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• lol I know plenty of women like that. I have a male friend and his wife does not let him go anywhere alone or have female friends. We were friends way before they met like 8 years before and he didn't want to lose touch with me so we talk every once in a while. My little brother is friends with him and he tells me he can't do anything with him without wifey tagging along.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• It's ridiculous. Jealousy is the biggest relationship killer there is. My mom is that way with my dad, to the point he can hardly talk to anybody she hasn't approved of. She even thought I was trying to steal him away from her at one point--as if!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I know women like that. None of them are my friends.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Uh. Maybe she just wanted to visit with you girls too. You think too highly of yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Maybe she has a reason. He could be a perv.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Mar. 20, 2013

• LOL anon
    no,she didn't come to talk with us. When she became his GF,she didn't want any female around him.

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2013