Iraq war veteran writes his last letter to Bush & Cheney

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/iraq-war-vet-letter-bush-cheney-tomas-young-154541674.html

What are your thoughts on this? Do you agree or disagree with this young man?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• How sad. While I can't speak to the truth of what the young man said because there's a lot the public just doesn't know about the war in Iraq, an may never know, I commend him for eloquently and bravely speaking his truth to his Commander-in-Chief before he died.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I can only speak from what my husband has told me (2 tours in Iraq), but yes I agree with him. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Considering I'm a progressive pacifist, bleeding heart liberal, lefty, I totally agree with him. It never made sense to me that we went into Iraq.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:42 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Hmmm.. I've had that movie in my Netflix queue for a few years now. I think I need to go watch it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Oooooooookay that was a sad, sad, sad, sad movie. I recommend it. The support that guy had from his mother just made me cry.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I feel for the this man and what he went through, it sucks and its not right. But whats difference of Bush and "accusing them of war crimes, "plunder" and "the murder of thousands of young Americans—my fellow veterans—whose future you stole." then what Obama is doing right now?? Obama can kill Americans over seas if he feels that there is a "imminent threat" and a senior DOJ official says its ok. American got their panties in a twist when Bush used wire taps to spy on Americans. Obama gave the ok to target an American and assassinate him a few years back. Bush never went that far. Obama thinks torture is wrong and inhumane, but going out and targeting a American is ok, and not even giving the man his Constitutional right to due process, no charges or trials were necessary. No evidence is offered, nor any opportunity for him to deny these accusations. Is it different when a democrat kills then a republican???
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2013