Several attempted abductions in the area- all different descriptions of men & cars!

It seems that the world has gone completely mad! At least my part of it anyway. We get an automated call from the school every time something major happens. In just the last week alone, today included, we've had 3 attempted abductions of kids walking to school in the morning. The descriptions of the vehicles & the men involved are all different. Are all the sickos coming out at once?! I'm seriously worried. My dau has another child to walk about 2 blocks with, but still. They need to step up patrols or something! Suggestions? (I work & the sitter has little ones she watches & can't take them either- incl. her own dau)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2013 in General Parenting

• We just had an attempted abduction of a 6 year old girl from a park bathroom in Henderson. He was caught yesterday. The little girl did exactly the right thing to get away, kicking and screaming for help. Our karate school talks a lot about self defense and getting away from an adult by not only screaming, but screaming the right words. Their reasoning is that if you see a kid fighting and yelling, you might think they're with a parent and acting like a brat, but if you hear a kid yell "NO! STOP! YOU'RE NOT MY MOM! YOU'RE NOT MY DAD! STRANGER!" other adults will be quick to react and help.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• maybe there is another concerned parent that lives close by that can walk with the kids to their homes?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Teach her to jab in the eyes or throat too
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Have your daughter wear a whistle and if a stranger tries to stop and talk to them tell her to keep blowing it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• What are the police saying? Could a group of concerned citizens in the neighborhood agree to watch as the kids walk to school in the morning?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Make sure your kids know to resist strangers, scream if needed and run.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• What if the sitter puts all the kids in the car & waits at the bus stop until the bus comes? That's scary! Better safe than sorry. Can you drop your Daughter off at school early?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Grab and twist his balls.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• OP are you somewhere in Ohio?
    I am and one local school distract has a 2 mile rule,no transportationoffered. I think it is terrible
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 5:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• The sitter lives about 2 blocks from the school & has way too many kids to load them up to drive them there. I have to drop her off too early b/c of my work hours (which are non-negotiable) so no one is at the school at that hour. Believe me, she went to the Safe-T-City (stranger-danger) class when she was younger & I've shown her all kinds of self defense moves that could bring down a grown man. I just can't believe there is more than 1 of these sickos in the area & it seems like they are all trying to get a kid before the Spring Break or something. :(

mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2013