Would u be hurt if your husband. . .

. . . Had an extra ticket to a basketball game through his brother and started asking other people to go instead of you? And then what if. He had already promised to watch your kids the day of the game before he knew about it so you could go to a doc appt you made 2 weeks ago, then turns around and asks you if someone else can watch the kids?

Now granted, everyones situation is different. He works 2 jobs, I take care of the kids all day and work when he isn't working. So we never see each other. I figured if he was going to take the day off work to go to a game, why not invite your wife who never sees you that's just sitting at home.. . . ? Im hurt that he automatically looked past me, and then cancellc his promise and makes me find so eone to watch our kids the day before my appt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• just ask if you can go
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• It sounds like your husband isnt being very considerate? Do you like basketball, or would he have looked past you because he thought you weren't interested? Have you talked to him about it?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I'd be happy not to go since I really dislike sports. But, I'd be upset if he rarley got a day off & took a day off to do something other than spend time with me & the kids or at least take one of the kids to the game with him.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Get a big family calendar to write appointments on so he sees it every day?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Hate sports! But we had a long talk not long ago that we should really try taking more interest in what each other likes and be open to goung. Guess he forgot. And yea, his brother is supposedly taking one of his kids, but no he didn't offer to take one of ours.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• "his brother is supposedly taking one of his kids, but no he didn't offer to take one of ours"

^^^That would piss me off the most.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• We have the calendar. He knew about this appointment, but he just got the tickets so he wants to opt out of his commitment to me and go to this stupid game. He doesn't think it matters who watches the kids as long as I make it to the appointment. I think its rude to try and find someone last minute. I don't like inconveniencing people, but I feel like dh could care less, even when it comes to me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Do you like the game? If not, I'd guess he looked past you because he knows you don't like it, and figured that you wouldn't be interested in going. That part wouldn't really hurt me, because I hate sports and would have no interest in going.

Agreeing to take care of the kids so you could go to the doctor and now telling you to find someone else to watch them - that is pretty selfish. I would just be honest with him and tell him that you're hurt that he didn't even ask you if you'd like to go, but that you're especially hurt that he's breaking a promise to you for this. Worse, he's leaving you in the lurch with something important (your doctor's appointment) for something that isn't so important (a game).

Good luck!
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• He probably didn't think you would be interested in going, but he should of thought of you.
    Newmom1993

Answer by Newmom1993 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• You don't like sports so it's logical that he'd want to take someone who would appreciate going. Yes, unless your kids are infants or toddlers, he should've considered them first. While it is an inconvenience, if an unexpected opportunity like this dropped in my husb's lap on the same day as my Dr. appt, I would understand & try to make other arrangements for a sitter. As for together time for the 2 of you, maybe you can make a date with him in the near future.  The man works 2 jobs, so please don't make him feel guilty for having a little fun on his down time.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2013