how can i get my one year old son to eat?????

Im currently pregnant with my second child and i dont know if thats the reason he is not eating

mommy456898

Asked by mommy456898 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Um... no. It wouldn't be the reason.

Don't make it into a battle of wills and he'll probably eat just fine. If you think he's sick take him to the dr.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Are you nursing him still, or wanting him to eat table food, or both?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• They taper off a bit on the food when they start getting more mobile. It's normal. They are busy exploring new stomping grounds and honing their walking skills. Let him graze when he wants. Just offer healthy snacks that provide a good amount of nutrition.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Don't see how you being pregnant could make a difference. Maybe try to feed him other things...perhaps he doesn't like what you are giving him. Give him some control, just sit him in his high chair with the plate on the tray and let him eat on his own. If he is losing weight, then you need to get him into the doctor because it could be something wrong.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I asked the pediatrician why my son refused to eat during dinner time and lunch. He said not to worry about it and if he's hungry he'll eat. He was a very active child who never really liked to settle down and eat. Eventually he knew that we sit down and eat at the same time everyday and he just started eating food little by little. We joke about it now about how he wouldn't eat as a small child because we can barely keep food in the house now. Growing boys, I tell ya. I would just go about the normal routines of meals. Kids like routine and it makes them feel more secure. Congrats on your new little one, I'm sure your child will love being a new big bro. Don't forget to include him in everything and reassure how much of a helper he is.
    Anonymous