For any of you who needed professional help to get or stay pregnant ... adult content

Did you see a specialist before you got pregnant, or once you conceived? Did you take progesterone before you got pregnant or only after an ultrasound confirmed a viable pregnancy? Thanks.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 5:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• I had progesterone shots all through my pregnancies, but only after I tested positive.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I kept having weird short cycles (I was tracking them for a few months before we started trying to get pregnant), and when I got pregnant, I miscarried. I went to my doctor who told me that the short cycles were probably low progesterone, so when I conceived, my body would just keep having periods anyway. He did a blood test, then gave me progesterone to start a few days after I was sure I ovulated. I had a positive pregnancy test at 10 dpo and went for a blood test that day and two days later, along with another progesterone test. I stayed on prometrium until I was 11 or 12 weeks and had a couple more progesterone checks during that time.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I had natural conceptions for my first 2 pregnancies. Number 3 was the difficult one. I was on Metfomin, Actos, low dose aspirin and progesterone before I got pregnant and stayed on all of them until 12 weeks pregnant. The result is 8 now.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I sought professional help after losing thre late term.
    I was confined to be abd give progesterone only after I had a positive pregnancy test
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I sought out a fertility specialist to make sure everything was good for us to try. Found out I had a blocked tube, which we blew open. I conceived the next month. They kept me for the first trimester which I spent taking progesterone. Then transferred to an OB/Gyn. I needed the progesterone with each consecutive pregnancy as well. Always after the pregnancy was confirmed and lasting until I was 36 weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2013