• In the Spotlight:

What is an energy efficient heater that I can plug in?

Do you have any recommendations on types of heaters or certain ones you like?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Home & Garden

• When Jack nearly died after a burrow flood in the fall, his vet told me to use a heater to get the room around 90 degrees. I found a tiny ceramic blower heater at Walmart for like 15 bucks. It was the size of a tissue box and got the room up to nearly 100 degrees in half an hour.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I got one from www.airandwater.com that I really like. It goes under my desk and keeps my feet warm.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• it's probably 500 sq ft i want to heat
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• They make the ceramic ones in different sizes. Mine was the smallest. They are crazy powerful.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Ceramics seem to be the best at heating, and the safest, for what you want. They are fairly energy efficient, although all space heaters use a fair amount of electricity, and they stay cool to the touch whichis great with little kids
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I am now looking at fireplace heaters, they are all 1500 watts so I don't know if that is more efficient than my 2 wall heaters
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2013