Pierced ears question.....

My dd & I went last Sunday together. She is fine, however my ears hurt and I have been following the instructions. They are not red, but sore now. How long until this goes away I feel like taking them out! but won't.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Health

• It might take two or three more weeks before the pain is completely gone. Also, if the soreness continues and you aren't wearing 14-karat gold or better, try putting in some small gold studs. Sometimes newly healing ears don't like sterling silver or other metals.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• You can put some wax on the backs of the earrings to prevent the studs from sticking you at night when you sleep :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• It takes time to heal. It will be weeks.

Answer by louise2 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Was this your first time or did you go higher up ?? Sleeping on them has something to do with the soreness also. If they are not red or have pus, crust around the holes, I would give yourself more time.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• yours will be a little more sore because it is higher up in the ear and closer to the cartilage.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I had a shop tell me the same thing and asked my doc about switching them and he said if you remove the cheap ones and immediately replace them you are fine. If you have issues with the metal that very well could be the cause of your pain.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2013

• ya they are my 2nd holes as mine were done as a baby so technically its my first time feeling the discomfort..I guess I got to wait it out then, ya sleeping hurts for sure, glad my dd is not complaining I was worried about her not me lol and I am the wimpy one and she is 6! hee,hee.....
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• yes I wanted to put my gold ones in but had to buy theirs and use theirs. They are metal dipped in gold? I can't wear fake shit but they are supposedly okay for the 4-6 weeks they have to be in. I want to switch them out but scared it is too early??
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• thnx midnight its the fronts more that bother me while sleeping, good idea though
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2013