how do you know your in labor..

im in the 38 week and 4 days just started having back pain and been having mild contractions all day ...help im read to give birth

mammamonique81

Asked by mammamonique81 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Good luck!
    If they're consistently 5 minutes apart for an hour, and last a minute or more, then head to the hospital. In the meantime, try to relax and rest the best you can, because if this IS it, you'll need all your reserved energy! Be sure to eat, too!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Best wishes for a safe delivery and a beautiful baby.

Do the contractions keep up regularly, or do they stop if you lie down or have a glass of water?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• go do some jumping jacks :) happy laboring.. you will know.. everyone is different. with my daughter my water broke. didnt have any pains.. i could tell she was low bc "down there" hurt. other then that, nothing. with my 1st son i never went into labor. and with my 3rd i woke up having contractions. just make sure you time ur contractions. if they get regular call your dr or go to the er.
    Anonymous

• Good luck with everything i would get to the doctor and have that baby
    JenniferH1983

Answer by JenniferH1983 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Contractions don't stop and are coming at regular intervals..
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• When the contractions don't stop and start getting closer together then you are in labor. For my first I knew because my water broke well before my contractions started. With my second I woke up with mild contractions that just kept getting closer and stronger. Good luck!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2013