26 1/2 weeks pregnant with Sciatic Nerve pain OUCH!!!!

I see my doc next Wednesday, but im pretty sure im having Sciatic Nerve Pain. Its in my low left back but hurts my butt and down the back of my thigh. Ive been having this pain for 2 weeks now. Somedays its a little pain or doesnt bother me and others its so painful im almost in tears . It hurts to put pressure on that side hurts to sit down or get up and even walk. Any one else suffer from this? What did u do to get reilefe?

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Walking, hiking, or walk backwards in a pool. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• YES! Here is what I find relief in: Take a 3 to 5 lb. weight (the one shaped similar to a water bottle, or anything of that shape). Place it under your thigh, around the area that the pain seems to start, sit on that whenever you are sitting. Somehow it stretches that nerve. I use it when I am driving or just sitting here watching TV.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I walk my dog every day (sometimes its hurts but as soon as i stop and come home it hurts again. I ll try to pool and a weight thanks
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Are you doing any core exercises? Strengthening your stomach and back muscles can help control this. It's also good to stretch out those leg, back and hip muscles. And it's great that you are walking your dog every day, but check your posture. I found that if I kind of tilt my hips a little forward (hard to describe but it's the opposite of sticking your bottom out) my sciatica would hurt less. Kind of makes sense since your body is compensating for the front-heavy belly by changing your stance, but this puts a strain on everything around your middle.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Ice and lifting my hurting leg was my only temporary relief. Both tricky while pregnant.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:27 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Find a massage therapist and tell them you are pregnant it was the only thing that helped when I had Sciatic pain while pregnant and rest as much as possible.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2013