Creepy old man at my childrens park...

When i came home from work today i was told there was an old ,man hiding behind the wall at the park.. My daughter said at 1st he called the neighbors daughter then when she ignored the guy, he called out my daughters name and the other little girls that were down there. I asked if he called out her brothers name. She told me no ONLY the girls!!. When my neighbor came home and told her mom she came over to my house and the my baby sitter which then told my daughter and son to come in the house.
I do not understand why the police were not called! For the man to know all the kids names he has to live around here. I dont understand why no one went to the office and told the lady in there. What would you have done?

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2013 in General Parenting

• I would have called the police and went to the parks and recs office/apt office to make sure they were aware and could post warnings.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Are the kids able to identify him?

Whether they can or can't you should still call the police so a report can be made of the incident, should it happen again. You can call the non-emergency number and file a report yourself.
    The officers will definitely keep a closer eye on the neighborhood and park.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• they say an old man with a beard.. over near the park there is nothing but old people..
    im going to call the office and let the lady there know about it and im sure she will send out a report too all the people living here.
    I have a feeling its one of the men that live in these apts.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I would definitely call the police! That's just creepy!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• It bothers me cause he knows their names but they do not know him. So I would contact the police.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• thats what bothers me too.. i told my daughter NEVEr NEVEr NEVeR go with anyone besides me, family, and my friends that she knows. told her its ok to go to a neighbor (that we know) if shes scared or if that ever happens again, and to never leave her little brother alone.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• im so glad my kids are smart enough to know better and to understand that something wasnt right about that.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• He may be watching the kids, you need to contact the police today, and have them step up the patrol, also no park without an adult there period!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Wow, I'd be uneasy, him knowing their names and all. Call the police, just so there's a report on file in case, God forbid, something more happens.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• I would call the police even though it's after the fact.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2013