Is it possbile to get pregnant after have tubes clamped for over 5 years?

i am really concerned about this. i havent been able to get to a doc to make sure that everything is still intact and that im good to go. so my dilema is that all of a sudden i gained a lot of weight and my boobs got bigger. I just had a period but it was really early and didnt last the 5 days like it normally does, then i have really bad cramps and i mean really bad to where they last at least 2 days but this last period my cramps didnt even last a day is it possible that i could be and since i just stopped my period how many days should i wait to take a test to get a good result

JenniferH1983

Asked by JenniferH1983 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I do not think so but it sounds like other things are going on and your should really get to a doctor as soon as possible.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• Doctor.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• It can happen:

A recent study has estimated that 143 women in 10,000 get pregnant after a tubal ligation, making the percentage about 1.43% which is better coverage than you’ll likely get from other forms of birth control because of the human error. In these rare cases, the fallopian tubes often grow back together, allowing the egg to come down and be fertilized and then move into the uterus. Many of these pregnancies actually turn out to be ectopic pregnancies because of the damage done to the tube during a tubal ligation.

from here:  http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/486-html.html

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• etopic pregnancy is a huge concern, please call your OB in the morning!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 10:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• It is possible but not probable. However, if you are pregnant, as other mentioned it would l more than likely be tubal and a cause for concern. Call your OB/GYN asap.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• You could be having a tubal pregnancy, which is life-threatening if it ruptures. See your doctor as soon as you can.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2013

• ty everyone for you opinions i will be making a doc appt tomorrow just to make sure that everything is going well and that nothing is wrong. dont get me wrong me and my husband would love to have a baby together cause we have none together we just have our children from other relationships but we are just getting to old to have kids well im not but my husband is lol
    JenniferH1983

Comment by JenniferH1983 (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2013