Have you ever had an invention idea?

Jay Leno had a guy on tonight that has a company that helps new inventors get their ideas off the drawing board and in the market. They showed some of the ideas and many are very simple but practical. They manufacture, promote and distribute. I'm sure it's for a piece of the pie but it's something. I do not have any association with the site. I just saw it on tv tonight and thought I'd pass the info on in case someone was interested. the site is quirky.com. I'm not promoting as much as simply sharing info. I don't want anyone thinking I'm selling anything. I'm not but over the years I've noticed women on here asking how to make money from home.

A lot of SAHM might have simple ideas that they think can make life easier for themselves and others. In this time of needing to stay home with kids but also needing money, it might be a way to help the family.

Asked by admckenzie at 1:05 AM on Mar. 21, 2013 in Money & Work

• I actually invented a product several years ago. Made a Protocol, had it manufactured, and sold enough of my product to pay off all of our bills, cars, money for the kids to go to college and invest the rest towards retirement. It was the best 5 years, approx. how long product sold until I sold my business.
    I thought of hiring a company to promote my product but I was having a great time doing it myself.

PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:16 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• goodI used to swear to my mom that I invented the vcr back when I was a kid. (I'm pretty old!) She laughed until I told her how rich we'd have been if she took me seriously back then...and we'd had an idea on how to manufacture it. I know so many people over the years that have had ideas but never knew how to make the idea manifest into reality. I'm glad to hear that you (PMSMom10) were able to figure it out. I hope other women follow your lead!

Comment by admckenzie (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• Thanks ad! I have to admit, I was pretty proud of myself, lol
    I still have my business license framed.

Too bad your mom didn't listen!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:30 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• My dad went to college to study advertising. In one of his classes, he had to make a product prototype and develop an ad campaign for it. My mom was a great seamstress and helped him make a jacket with a waterproof outside and a cloth lining, zipped together, so you could remove the lining and have a lighter jacket or put it in for a heavier one. My dad got an A for the class, then the instructor, who knew how to run with the idea, got it patented and sold in stores. The instructor made a lot of money, but my dad had no way to prove he'd come up with the original idea. Oh well, that's the way life goes sometimes, but I was always pretty proud of him and my mom when I came across someone wearing one of those zipper jackets.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:16 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• I had an invention one time. Then I found out how much it was going to take to get it started. Needless to say several years later I seen it all over store shelves. It made me sick to my stomach.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 21, 2013

• No , if so its been ages ago and don't remember !
    lovejuicy0

Answer by lovejuicy0 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2013